Saturday, May 2, 2009

Quinoa in a salad



One blog I like to read is Katie's, Thyme for Cooking. This last week she had a salad that sounded so very good, that tonight The Trout and I put this together and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Spinach and quinoa, with yellow pepper, carrots, avocado, white cheddar and a soy balsamic vinaigrette. Instead of the stir-fry chicken she suggested, we simply grilled a steak to go with it. Very, very good.




Check out Katie's blog. She is a Midwest girl who has lived in Europe for some time, but just now settled into a new (restoring an old) home in France. Her recipe and blog can be found here. Along with this delightful meal, we had a bottle of L'Anthemtique Vacqueyras 2005 wine.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful to look at and tasty and healthy as well! I'll bet the wine didn't hurt either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very good blog, congratulations
    regard from Reus Catalonia
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous Salad you made! And, yeah, the steak and wine had to round it out perfectly....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Katie! It all came from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried quinoa, but now I'm gonna put it on my grocery list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, this is so beautifully colorful and healthful, too!

    I would love to have that placed before me, I hope to make it very soon.

    Thank you for sharing it, and for introducing Katie's blog ~ I'm off to go take a look. ((hugs)) ~m.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh - when you come for a visit, can I count on you making somthing 'differant' for me? I love to try all sorts of stuff, but run out of ideas' time and energy! You always have such GREAT recipes!!!!mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Remember Heidi, I don't have kids at home any more. It makes a difference as to what we cook.

    ReplyDelete