Saturday, May 2, 2009

Have you lost a camera?

I read a very interesting column in our newspaper today, and I really want to share the information. It is about losing digital cameras and then finding them again. You hear the horror stories all the time, leaving a camera on a restaurant table (done that), park bench, subway, etc. Now there is no guarantee that who finds the camera would even try to return it to the rightful owner, but there is something everyone can do to help assure a reunion with your camera.

On a clean memory card, take a picture of a piece of paper so that it will be the first image on your card. On this piece of paper, write your telephone number and the word "REWARD, no questions asked." If you remove pictures from your card, always keep this photo of your phone number the number one photo. Doesn't that make sense?

If you are the unfortunate one who has lost a camera, there is a busy website where people post about found cameras. Go to http://ifoundyourcamera.blogspot.com .

There, I feel like I have passed on good news for the day!

2 comments:

  1. What a great tip, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sure a good piece of info. I enjoyed going to the link and seeing the different pictures and stories of found cameras. I would be so upset if I lost my camera. I hope someone can be helped by this post.

    ReplyDelete