Thursday, February 25, 2010

Beef and Barley Soup

After reading Cathy's post on Wives with Knives featuring all her soups, I knew today was the day to make a big pot of Beef Barley Soup. It turned out great and was good and hot. I kind of emptied the refrigerator including throwing in some frozen peas. Today was rather cool in Florida, again. I know you have heard this a lot, but it is so strange for Florida weather.

This satisfied us for dinner tonight and there will be enough for dinner tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. looks good. I am thinking about split pea myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful, hearty bowl of soup that is - I'm coming over to join you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, this is my kind of eating! A bowl of hearty soup made with lots of wonderful ingredients from the fridge. Boy, would a bowl go well today here in Georgia ~ clear & sunny, but only a high of 52.

    Great recipe, thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you enjoyed this recipe, Susan. And thank you so much for the link to my blog. We had several beautiful weeks here but are back into soup weather again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could go for a bowl of that right now. Will this winter ever end?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beef and Barley soup is on my menu for this week. I wanted to make sure I worked it into my winter meal planning before the temperatures start rising!

    Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete