Friday, February 13, 2009

To My Valentine










Today, my treat for all of you are Valentine's that are over 100 years old! My grandfather was a traveling salesman before and after he married my grandmother. He always sent postcards to her, wherever he would be for the night. I can't even imagine how long it took for the postcards to arrive at their destination back in the very early 1900's.




I have an old salesman box with attached lid that is filled. My grandmother kept them all. Usually, not too much was written on the back, but you can read between the lines and know that they loved each other very much.

And both of them had a wonderful sense of humor.



1 comment:

  1. That's cool. I'll have to look at those some day. Hope you and Dad have a great Valentine's day. The boys will call you later.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete