Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Have you tried POM concentrate?

Have you tried the new POM concentrate?  All the reducing time has been done for you.  We had a pork roast and I used 1/4 cup of the POM concentrate, added some raspberry jam for sweetness, a splash or two of red wine, garlic, thyme and a pat of butter.  This all combined into a very nice sauce for the pork.

I have been reading a lot since I received this bottle of POM concentrate.  I even read where someone made jello out of it.  It is rather tart, and it does need some sort of sweetener.  I loved the consistency of it.  I have been also putting it into water to drink and find it refreshing.  POM is healthy and that is how I have been trying to use it.

I have thought of baking with it, but then again, you are getting sweet calories that are not needed.  I'll be using it again for a sauce.  Turkey and chicken would be very nice with it also.  Have you used the concentrate and how did you use it?

9 comments:

  1. I have never heard or seen POM concentrate; they are always coming out with something new. I know it is suppose to be very healthy for you. I did make a dressing with the POM juice, but we found it bitter; I had to add apple juice to sweetened it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the concentrate, but I did splurge last year and bought a bottle of the juice after seeing so many people blog about it. I didn't like it AT ALL. It was very bitter to me and I just didn't care for the flavor of it. I reduced the juice and used it for a sauce for venison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK so I had to look this up as I had never heard of it. It sounds very good but I bet we can't get it here :( Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't see POM concentrate, I'll keep an eye out for it. I'll bet it's great on roast pork and chicken, maybe even lamb!

    My hubby made a glass of blueberry POM & Perrier for me this morning, it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen the concentrate yet! I can imagine how delicious it would be on meat. I love Pom juice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is new to me, but I`ll look for it. I like POM juice but have to cut it with a little San Pelegrino or other sparkling water.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, you are apparently on the cutting edge of POM. We will all be watching for it! Looks delicious on that pork.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen it yet, Susan. Wouldn't it be marvelous with a panna cotta for dessert? That color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I should have added that the POM concentrate was sent to me by a representative of POM to try. It is available through the internet, but not yet in stores.

    ReplyDelete