Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My favorite salad dressing


Next to a good Caesar Salad, Pacific Rim Salad Dressing is my very favorite dressing. We came upon this years ago. In fact, the original recipe was published in the December 2001 issue of Bon Appetit.


It is the best dressing to go with seafood, be it salmon, scallops, shrimp, etc. Tonight we had grilled salmon and Romaine lettuce with Pacific Rim Dressing. It is worth the try.


Pacific Rim Salad Dressing


Juice of one lime

2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise

1 Tablespoon chopped fresh ginger

1 Tablespoon lemongrass, minced

1 Tablespoon sesame oil

1 Tablespoon fish sauce (nam pla)

2 garlic gloves, minced

1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce ( we always use Sriracha)

1/2 cup olive oil


I large head romaine lettuce, torn in bite-size pieces

1 cup grated Parmesan cheese


Combine lime juice and next 7 ingredients in processor. While processor is running, add olive oil slowly and process until thickened.


Place lettuce in a large bowl. Add dressing and 3/4 cup of the Parmesan. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.


We always use Gourmet Garden Lemon Grass in a tube. Because we don't have a large Oriental community near us, this works very well and is much easier to find.
This salad with grilled salmon and a bottle of French Marsanne Viognier..it just doesn't get much better.





8 comments:

  1. I'll have to give this a try. It sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm, this really sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have very exotic tastes. The ginger and "fish sauce" scare me a little...but I have a son who would love this recipe!
    Thanks for shariang.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds wonderful! I've been making all my own salad dressings lately after finding out it wasn't all that hard :) ! Fresher taste and better ingredients - I love ginger in dressing. Will give this one a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What would it taste like without the fish sauce? Everything else sounded great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sassydog--you really need to try the fish sauce. It just adds the right amount of saltiness and you do not taste fish. This is an Oriental type recipe though. I know, so many people are scared away because they have not tried fish sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmmm .... now that does sound delicious, I may just have to try it sometime - thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bookmarked this one Susan. We eat lots of salad and I get quite bored of eating the same ole dressing. This one looks so good! Now to hunt out some lemongrass!

    ReplyDelete