Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Golden Trumpets



I have always loved pink and red flowers. Especially in Florida, they bloom all year long. But this time of year, there is a very special tree that doesn't bloom for a long time, but it is breathtaking.


It is called the golden trumpet tree or Tabebvia chrysotricha. I have also read where it is the official flower of Brazil. The leaves all fall off the trees and these beautiful yellow trumpet shaped flowers replace them. For some reason, they are usually planted in a row along boulevards and streets. It is just a magnificent site. Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Susan that is a lovely picture. I can see why you love the tree. Those flowers take my breath away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, you are so sweet. And if I didn't mention it earlier, I really missed you this last month.

    ReplyDelete