Saturday, July 2, 2011

A blogger meeting in Provence

I started reading Barbara's blog some time ago.  I tend to lean toward French blogs since I have such a love for their country, traditions, food and wine.  Cuisine de Provence is a wonderful place to sit for a while.  Barbara, is an outstanding cooking instructor and even more, she and her husband, Robert, are beautiful people.  The Trout and I were invited to come visit and partake of a typical Provencal dinner.

The gite' we were renting near Carpentras was but a short drive to Vaison-la-Romaine, to their lovely home.
Barbara's brother was also a guest this evening.  Everything clicked immediately.  There was never a lack of conversation and, of course, the meal was delightful.  Barbara had a table filled, but her red pepper mousse, quail eggs dipped in hickory smoked salt, her special tomato tapenade and a chocolate mousse...well, you get the picture.  Since Barbara and I have a German connection, we were absolutely delighted when Barbara's brother placed grilled Nuremberger sausages on the table.  You can't imagine how wonderful they were.   And then,  I was also sent home with a container of her tomato tapenade which we totally enjoyed the next day and an apron from her cooking school with Cuisine de Provence written on it.  I am so looking forward to wearing this at home for my dinner guests.

Thank you Barbara for an unforgettable evening.  It was absolutely the highlight of our trip to France.

10 comments:

  1. I can just imagine! What a meal you had and I'm sure the conversation matched it course for course.
    Meeting a blogger is like meeting an old friend - you just pick up where you left off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous, sounds like you had a wonderful time. Wish you were not so far from us! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a grand time that must have been. I have never met a blogger friend; I am going to visit visit BArbara. Of course I love the name of her blog.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, it sounds like a wonderful meeting, great food and a wonderful evening with a new friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And what a lovely evening we had with you and the Trout, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopes of a meeting like this are a good reason to continue blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you got to meet Barbara. It sounds like you had a lovely trip to Provence. It makes me yearn for the time to pass to next June when we will go. Thanks for the tips too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I met a blogger friend in Cortona once........if you ever decide to meet up again in France, give me a whistle! I need to go visit Barbara!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a treat! These are the things that make traveling extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun for you and the Trout Susan. Meeting other bloggers is such fun.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete