Sunday, April 12, 2009

This was our Easter dinner




Though it was just the two of us, after church on Sunday, the Trout and I cooked a lovely dinner for ourselves.

We had lamb chops, which we love, marinated in olive oil, garlic and our own rosemary. Along with this I made Ina Garten's Zucchini Gratin. This was a wonderful side dish and the recipe can be found here. It is a lovely way to eat zucchini. I did substitute Emmentaler cheese for the Gruyere as that is what I had, but even Parmesan would be good in this casserole.

A favorite salad is Mediterranean Salad from Giada de Laurentiis. We make this quite often because it is such a different salad and so good. You can see her recipe here.

Along with a bottle of 2006 Peter Lehmann Barossa Shiraz, rated a 91 by Wine Spectator Magazine which we bought for $13 at Costco. It was a perfect wine to accompany our Easter dinner.

We both said no dessert even though we missed it, but trying to hold back on calories and would rather have the calories in the dinner than dessert. I am still trying to convince myself of this...

8 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a lovely dinner, Susan. Lamb is a favorite of mine and your sides are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a beautiful meal had with wonderful wine. I'm so glad you enjoyed the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow that just looks incredible and low calorie too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No lamb for me but the rest looks yummy and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOH I love lamb. Rosemary and Garlic. The perfect seasoning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:05 AM

    Susan:

    The Zucchini Gratin looks delicious. Looks like a perfect dish to bring to a pot luck dinner for something different when you are assigned to bring a side dish! Already added it to my recipe collections online! HAHAH!

    Looks like you guys had a wonderful Easter dinner!

    Steve from Valley of the Sun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Steve! You could easily handle this recipe as I know you cook a lot. I would lighten the salt and for an easy find, use swiss cheese. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummmmm this Easter dinner looks fit for a King and Queen!

    Good job you two....

    Glad you had a nice Easter!

    ReplyDelete