Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I feel a Nor'eastern coming on!

The planning has started. Back in October, I talked about my 'Bucket List.' We are now in the process of planning a trip that has been on that list for many years. Three of the states we have not seen are New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine. The more we study these states, the more excited I have become about seeing them. We will be there next month.

One day, while The Trout is fly fishing for trout on the Connecticut River, I will be spending the day at the King Arthur Flour Mill, just outside of Norwich, Vermont. Can't imagine leaving that place without added weight. If you check out the website by clicking on King Arthur Flour Mill, you will see that most anything is available there. It seems the test kitchens are going all the time.

A quaint B & B in Kennebunk, Maine, will be a treat. Hoping to get my fill of lobster. I don't think it is lobster season, but will be searching for them anyway. If any of you readers know anything about the southern part of these 3 states, I would love to learn more.

Of course, we are both anxious to see L. L. Bean and Orvis. We have been getting these catalogues for years. We will be close to having every state covered by the end of this trip. The Trout has me beat though, as he has been in Alaska several times and I have yet to make that trip.

8 comments:

  1. How fun. I wish I was going to those states. I've never been to them. I would love the King Arthur Flour Mill. You have to take lots of pictures to share with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your still comeing up in July right??? Please say yes!!! LOL What fun you are going to have! I need to start a bucket list for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Heidi, I'll plan on seeing you in July!!!

    Kathy, I hope to take lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a wonderful trip. I bet this time of year is a great time to visit these states. Looking forward to your fun in photos. I think I should start that list. I'm getting up there..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:12 PM

    One of these days I must visit those states too. My dad's ancestors were the very earliest settlers there back in the 1600s (New Hampshire and Maine but not Vermont) but I have never been there myself. I will follow your trip vicariously and with a bit of envy.

    Actually, my brother and sister-in-law have suggested that we travel there together. Right now they are on an airplane along with two of our cousins and their spouses--on their way to Israel. I think that means we will not be venturing into New England this summer.

    In the meantime I will look forward to hearing about your New England experiences. RW

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is you are gonna love it! My father was born in Maine and my most fav aunt lives in Rye, Hew Hampshire. I used to go up quite often but haven't been in many years. The Appalachian Trail starts in Maine up in the Rangeley Lakes area. It's beautiful up there. Be sure to see what's left of the Old Man in the Mountain, better check before you go there as it was crumbling last I heard. Go to York, Maine, a lighthouse is there. Go to Kennebunkport, Maine, lots of neat shops and old man George Bush lives there.You will need to eat at Newick's in Dover, NH, great seafood in a laid back atmosphere, as I recall paper plates and plastic forks and spoons. I am so very jealous of you right now! Let me know if you need more info!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comments, Becky. I just might be in touch with you again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A trip to the King Arthur store . . . I would consider that total heaven!

    ReplyDelete