Monday, April 27, 2009

The City of Pots

Last Friday, when we were at the Great American Pie contest, we met a lovely young woman who is the national marketing manager for Emile Henry, Mauviel, Cuisipro, and Rosle. Tara has a wonderful job that I would have loved at a younger age. I would rather step into kitchen shops and get involved in pots and pans and gadgets and dishes, rather than any clothes or shoe shopping.

Tara represents Mauviel which is made in Villedieu-les-Poeles, France, in the Normandy area of France. The name of the town means city of pots. We traveled to this town in 2006. This is the cutest town and every other building seems to be a shop selling copper pans and pots with the factory being right there in town. We knew we wanted one pan to take back home, so it had to fit safely into our suitcase. That, of course, eliminated a lots of the pots, but we also wanted a pan that we could use frequently.

Finally, we bought a saute pan that is simply beautiful. It is great for sauces. The pan is made of stainless steel with copper on the outside.

I love polishing copper. The reward is immediate and the pot is very mirror-like, with an almost pink-cast to it. Mauviel makes beautiful copper pots and pans and we are enjoying ours.


7 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to meet folks from places where you've travelled? Tell Trout I envy him that saute pan. It is a thing of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, he loves it as much as I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, rather pots and pans instead of clothes. Though I always prefere books......and music.......and fowers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful array of pots and pans, & you are so lucky to own one - I love the coppery pink hue to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love going to Tuesday Mornings , Ross and Marshalls to see their cookware. Good prices too sometimes! That saute pan is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Susan!

    Thank you for your kind words and visit to my blog! I am feeling a lot better now and your sweet comment was a real treat! :o)

    What lovely pots! There is almost nothing like cooking with beautiful pots and these are gorgeous! My mother was a wonderful cook and she always had the most beautiful pots and pans! :o) Hope you drop in for another visit soon!

    Smiles...

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed this post, Susan, because I was in Paris when you wrote it! My sauce pan from Dehillerin is my most prized treasure from my trip. Each time I use it I am transported back to the city I love.

    ReplyDelete