Friday, August 12, 2011

A Kindle cover



After saying for much too long a time that I did not need a Kindle, I got a Kindle.  I did not think I would enjoy it as much as I do.  But, what I was not willing to do, was spend a large amount of money for a cover.  I soon discovered that there might be a danger with carrying it around in my purse or a bag with scratching of the screen.  So I did a search for a knit, felted cover.  I found the perfect one.

It was quick and easy, felted nicely and I really like it.  I found it on a blog called Musings of a Yarn Mom.  If I was a little more ambitious, this would be fun to make and sell at craft shows.


9 comments:

  1. That's beautiful, Susan - and I like the color :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cover, Susan! I have a heavier zippered one. I'm glad you like the Kindle! I think it's great, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, congrats on your kindle. I know you will enjoy it. A cover is a good idea. Looks like you got that covered (no pun intended).

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that color and design! I didn't want a Kindle... but ended up with my husband's hand-me-down as he moved on to an iPad. I have to admit, I really enjoy it.

    Yes, I did eat pasta enough for you, too, Susan! And, now I have a new addiction! Gnocchi!! Oh, my... with pears and gargonzola (sp?)!! LOVE!! Little pillows of goodness! ;) blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! It reminds me of the hot water bottle cover I have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I'm going to go have a look at that site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have been discussing kindle's for a while, but we think it is more than we can really afford at the moment as we would need two :-( Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cover. If I had one, I would want to protect it too. Can't decide between the Kindle or the iPad. We probably need two, because we both love to read.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! my kids got me a Kobo; similar but not the same; have heard lots of good things about the Kindle. Love your cover; very clever.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete