Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bonjour from the West


A good French wish for you this morning!  I fell in love with this sign immediately and I did not find it in France.  Found it in a delightful little gift shop in Philipsburg, Montana, where my friend Chris works.  Go check out her blog.  The sign is stenciled on old tin that was so prevalent on the ceilings out West.

First of all, we did not go to the Bahamas for our anniversary.  That was my mistake for not taking care with my writing.  I had placed that phrase under our wedding picture.  We went to the Bahamas on our honeymoon so long ago.  Not this year.

After spending a month in a travel trailer, which I truly loved, we are now in the cabin we have been renting for the last 5 years.  It is definitely roomier, but we are a little higher in altitude and it still gets cold here in the night.  One morning this week we woke up 37 degrees.  We do have a furnace, space heater and fireplace, so it is easier to keep warm than in the trailer.

The Trout goes fishing every day and I am catching up on my reading and we do have satellite TV.  Actually, the first TV we have watched since we left Florida in mid-May.  I kind of stick to HGTV and the Food Channel.  Everything else does not seem worth my time.  We are now on Broadband Internet connection, so I have to watch my time on the computer.  It goes by quickly when there are so many blogs to read.

Doing a little knitting, a little baking and cooking, but mostly the Trout grills so there is not too much to write home about.  I am not saying he does not grill as an expert; just saying it is simple but good grilled food.  This will be home until early October when we start heading east and then south.  We really do enjoy getting out of the Florida heat in the summer.  I only wish we did not have to drive so far.  In the planning stages of trying to make the trip a little easier for us.



16 comments:

  1. I hope the heat breaks for you. WE're having sunny and cool weather up here, with a bit of wind. It's cold in the wind, but when one shelters it is quite pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that sign!! ;) So glad you got it Susan.

    Here's some sad news...the shop is closing!! :( She just told me this past week, I'm so sad about this, but understand she has a lot on her plate, she said it's time to close this chapter of her life and look forward to new adventures in the future. I'll share more when I see you. I work the last two weeks of August solid except for the 30th of August. Do come in, if you come to town. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Bonjour sign. It's funny where we find things isn't it. You drive an awfully long way and I don't know how you do it. I suffer from chronic back pain and it would take me weeks to recover from a trip like yours. I get easily bored with television, so we've been enjoying watching movies from Netflex. We've found that changing your address is very fast and easy if you're changing locations.

    Enjoy the cool weather. It will soon be upon us here and summer will be over. Sad for me because I love summer.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit, from a scorching Texas perspective, that cool cabin living sounds much more appealing than the Bahamas right now!

    Your sign is a delight. Glad you are enjoying some cooler weather and good grilled food. I could go for that myself. =)

    Enjoy! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. do i smell an rv in your future =o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are enjoying some much cooler days. Through all of our heat (well only about ten days so shouldn't complain) we had plenty of rain so lawns, gardens and farms are happy. Love the sign! I found one like that a few years back that said "mad dog" but in French--
    and posted it on the wall above Argos', now Oliver's feeding spot.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a cute little shop and it sounds like you've been enjoying your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sign! It sounds like you're doing a great job escaping the FL heat! LOL!!! 37 degrees is a tad nippy in August!

    Have a great week and I'll also check out your friends blog!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything sounds so right in your post, make that your world. Enjoying life's simple pleasures and friends and family; that's what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy the rest of your stay in Montana! I love the sign.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those cool evenings sound wonderful..and very comfortable. It sounds like you are having a lovely, relaxing time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That’s a lovely sign! I have a week off work soon and want to do a day trip to near Alsace/France (about a good hour to drive) and see if I can get some cute vintage stuff. Have a nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What? You don't watch "The Real Housewives"? I hardly watch much TV these days, either. I record a few shows, and am weeks behind on watching them. Our summer has been one of the coolest, with the least amount of blue skies, that I can remember in a long time. Enjoy your relaxation in Montana!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous4:49 AM

    page rank check international seo backlink service backlink builder

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bonjour mon amie; I have been running around and missed you so here I am. Love that sign; would love to have this at my door.
    Bonne semaine.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are starting to think about returning to Florida also. Love your sign. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete