Thursday, February 7, 2013

Stenciling the time away


I have been absent from blogging for a couple of weeks.  A new year, the Trout and I both had birthdays, and we have made a commitment to losing some weight.  So, not much excitement in the kitchen, but I feel we have been eating well.  The scale has also been kind to us.  Lots and lots of vegetables, mostly roasted, smaller portions of meats and fish, and not even one bite of birthday cake.  May I say, I did kind of miss that..sigh.

Also, I have been doing more reading.  I am actually re-reading The Clan of the Cave Bear series after I realized that I had missed the last two books.  I love these books, especially after we have been in France, in the areas described in the books.  The painted caves in the Dordogne are where most of the books are located.

I also have been stenciling and sewing some pillows.  I love these stencils that I got from Maison de Stencils.  I ordered two and they sent another one as a gift in their package.  Earlier I stenciled a Lazy Susan which I am really enjoying.   My future plan would be to find an old chair, sort of French looking, paint it and then reupholster the back and seat with a stencil.  Sometime in the future, I will find that chair.






15 comments:

  1. Adore the Château Sevig! Good luck with your diet and a very happy belated birthday to you and the Trout, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Clan of the Cave Bear Series is fantastic, I have read all but the last one and I have enjoyed every bit of each of them.

    Your stencilling is amazing. I tried it and the result was pretty rubbish, nothing was sharp and all had furry edges. Bravo you have done well.

    Belated Happy Birthday to you both. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such talent! Kudos to you on the weight loss. I love my sweets too much to give them up entirely. I eat a small taste and quickly give them away . :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, your pillows are fabulous!! And, I look forward to seeing that chair you will find! You and The Trout are doing an excellent thing with your healthy eating. We just cannot seem to get ourselves pulled out of the feeding frenzy (which started about Thanksgiving). Yikes. Keep up the good work... blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I certainly like those pillow stencils. Well done - and well done with the reducing - never easy when winter calls for comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan,

    Love your pillows! I have not been blogging as much - FB is so easy. And, of course, there is the knitting!

    Have a good weekend.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bravo on your weight loss efforts, Susan! I know it's not a fun path but a such a wise one.

    Your stenciled pillows are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your stencils Susan. I visited their website and think I will order some. Thanks for the tip. Happy Birthday to you and The Trout. Keep up the good work on your diet. Never easy I know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susan, thank you for your kind words. To say we have snow waist deep is not an exaggeration! We have about 2.5 more hrs. of snow to go . . . can't wait for it to end! Then the fun of removing it begins!

    Love your pillows! I'd love to see your weight loss recipes - anything for inspiration! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. welcome back!!
    love the stenciling...just beautiful!!
    i remember those books when they were all the rage..I am still trying to make it thorough Moby Dick.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan, your pillow are beautiful! I was wondering if you could use those stencils for chalk boards. I love the chalk boards that are so popular now and when I saw your stenciled pillows it hit me that that is probably how they do the beautiful writing. Do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your pillows, Susan. What a wonderful project to keep you busy and your mind off birthday cake. Thanks for the link to the stencil source. I hope you find that chair. Belated birthday wishes to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so pretty! Perfect accent for the living room. I'm not a crafty person and I probably can't make it as pretty as yours. :) I wish I can make something as beautiful as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pillows look lovely and what an achievement not eating the birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete