Sunday, May 23, 2010

Some folk dancing and some glass blowing

May 1 was a holiday in Germany. We walked to a nearby gathering where the children dressed in costumes danced the local folk dances for us. This precious girl, who had tons of blond curls under that hat, and her mother posed for me. Regretfully, I did not learn her name.

Here is the group of children dancing. It was so cute as they danced to an accordion playing. Notice the little boy on the left with the glasses. He was the show stealer and we quickly found out his name. "Otto" was constantly being reminded by his mother to behave.

Okay, so don't laugh but I was able to scratch something off my bucket list. I have always wanted to get involved in glass blowing. Little did we know as we walked into this glass blowing business, that I would be able to do just that.


Of course, this dear artisan did 98% of the work, but I was able to help shape the glass vase with his guidance. Luckily, I knew enough German to participate.




And here I am, with such a cheeky look on my face, holding my vase (not vaaase) with my certificate. Nothing special, but I did enjoy it.




7 comments:

  1. Life is really good when you can scratch something you would love to do off your bucket list.

    I have been following your posts and really enjoying reading about your journey to Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your vase and I think it is very special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool! I have seen this done in Santa Cruz there is an artisan place up on the coast. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little dancers are terribly sweet:-). That gal assisting with the glass blowing isn't bad either. Have a great day, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Glass blowing is fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look simply marvelous dahlink!! What a fun day, love the vase too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cool!! What a treat for you!

    ReplyDelete