Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Dinner

Our Easter dinner this year was a change from the usual, and we both have to agree, this was an excellent meal.  Usually we lean towards lamb, but with this beautiful over 6 pound duck in our freezer, I was anxious to roast this baby.

I decided to follow a recipe I found on Pinterest, and it turned out to be from Chef Ron Lock, and it was easy and turned out perfectly.  I would use his routine over and over again.  It was that simple and the results were outstanding.

The cooking times were right on, and I stuffed the duck with an orange half, two garlic cloves and a few springs of thyme.  My 6 pound duck took 2 hours and 20 minutes to reach its full potential.

I also served Minnesota wild rice with it and my German red cabbage which was a perfect combination.  I hope your Easter Day was perfect and that you were able to share it with family or friends.

Our dear friends/neighbors stopped by this morning with a box of See's ScotchMallow Eggs which were the perfect topper to this wonderful meal.  Thank you Dave and Steve.  The best friends and neighbors ever!!

7 comments:

  1. Great looking meal Susan - we've never cooked duck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Larry, we love duck and it is really simple. Love this recipe.

      Delete
  2. Happy Easter Susan! Your duck sounds delicious. I will have a look at the recipe. It's been a long time since I cooked a duck - one of my favourite dishes. If I'm ever at a restaurant with duck on the menu I always order it too. Red Cabbage is usually on the table here at any festive meal - with ham or beef, we love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous meal Susan. My husband is a big duck lover and this would have made us very happy.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to serve duck for Easter. I never think to buy duck but David loves it. Will have to check out the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing the link for the duck. Your table is ALWAYS delicious sounding! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always been intimidated by duck but this recipe looks delicious and doable. Your sides were great choices and I particularly liked the dessert. Scotchmallows are one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete