Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Anyone care for a lollipop?

Our friends, Bob and Annette, spent two nights with us in the cabin.  Bob is an inventive cook and he came prepared to cook an amazing meal for us.

He took two racks of lamb for the four us and and cut them into chops and frenched the legs.  They were grilled over gas and glazed with a fantastic tasting sauce.  Strangely enough, I have never thought of making chops out of a rack of lamb.


Just a short time on each side on the hot grill and then brushed with the glaze and again just a short time on each side.  This was absolutely delicious and we will make this again and again.

Glaze for the Lollipop Lamb

For one rack of lamb, this is an estimate of the glaze

1/8 cup honey  (if using agave, use a bit less since it is sweeter)
1/8 cup Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh mint
1 Tablespoon horseradish
Salt and Pepper


20 comments:

  1. Ha ha I like that, lamb lollipops. They look delicious. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Susan, not only do they look delicious, but I can almost smell them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the most beautiful lollipops I have ever seen!! Nice to have friends like Bob to visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh those look delicious. I wonder how long a short time is?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me hungry just looking at them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to have friends that like to cook too. The lamb chops look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great meal... I just love lamb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yumm! This is my kind of lollipop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! Yum! Popping over to visit from Karen's blog. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love any guests committed to making and sharing great food. Those are exceptional looking lamb chops, ooooh weee, makes me hungry for some grillin' tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummmm! This sounds and looks wonderful. Now I am hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love lamb cutlets and your really look perfect!now that's a lollipop
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the lamb lollies. It's always nice to have a guest who likes to cook. Send him my way...
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmmmmm...does Bob make house calls????

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pass me a bib. I love lamb lollipops. Nice glaze!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmm, I was sure I left a comment on this post, but I guess not. I have never thought to cut up a rack of ribs, but I love this presentation and I have friends who would enjoy it too. The glaze looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These really look delicious. You've set me to thinking about dinner tonight. I hope you are enjoying your trip. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  18. My goodness! Those are the kind of friends to invite! It's nice to have someone else do the cooking sometimes! The glaze on those little chops is just perfect! I bet they were tremendous!

    Hope you're enjoying your jaunt to the cabin!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is my favorite way to eat lamb! Thanks for the great glaze recipe! Hope you have a lovely Labor Day weekend!

    Happy cooking!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  20. Susan these look delicious. Bookmarking now! Thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete