I do not do those "MeMe" type lists even though I enjoy reading those compiled by others. However, Lena from TALES FROM FROSTBITE FALLS challenged me and so, after some careful thinking, I can't believe I am doing this.
FIVE THINGS I JUST DON'T GET
1. Justin Bieber...he's annoying
2. Taylor Swift...ditto
3. Grouchy people
4. Compulsive shoppers
5. Rap music
FIVE THINGS, OTHER THAN MONEY, I WISH I HAD MORE OF
1. Desire to exercise
2. Desire to sew
3. Desire to write
4. Family get-togethers
5. Old friend get-togethers
LEAST FAVORITE WORDS OR PHRASES
1. The "F" word, especially from women
4. Mixing up "your" and "you're"
5. "Awesome" totally not used correctly
FIVE FAMOUS PEOPLE I'VE SPOKEN WITH IN PERSON
1. Stan Musial
2. Larry Sherry
3. Leo Durocher
4. Johnny Padres
5. David Stockman - Budget Director under Reagan
It's a baseball thing!! The Trout beats me on this though. He talked to Leon Redbone in a restaurant, Jack Benny in the caddyshack at the Broadmore Hotel and the Everly brothers in a men's bathroom!! :-)
FIVE THINGS I DO NEARLY EVERY DAY THAT I DON'T ENJOY
2. Cleaning the bathroom
It's a cleaning thing!!!
FIVE THINGS I WISH I HAD THE CHANCE TO DO MORE OFTEN
2. Spend time at a spa
3. Knitting classes
4. I want to see the Nutcracker
5. I want to go to the opera
FIVE MOVIE, TV OR LITERARY QUOTES
1. "The lower the latitude, the better the attitude" Jimmy Buffet
2. " If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music that he hears, however measured or far away." Thoreau
3. "I want what she's having!" from When Harry Met Sally
4. "Simplify, simplify." Thoreau
5. "We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and once in retrospection." Anais Nin
FIVE THINGS THAT I HAVE DONE THAT ACTUALLY SOUND LIKE LIES
1. Stayed in an Air Force General's home for the weekend.
2. Threw up for nine months during a pregnancy.
3. Took ballroom dancing lessons from an instructor named Mrs. Hardup
4. Played Suzuki violin at a concert with my daughter
5. In 50 years of driving, I have never gotten a ticket.
Enough said. This little test has taxed my memory. Let's just let it pass. Yes, Lena, I was up for your challenge and I did it!!!
Cherry Almond Muffins
1 hour ago