Friday, November 26, 2010

I Can't Believe I am Doing This

I do not do those "MeMe" type lists even though I enjoy reading those compiled by others.  However, Lena from TALES FROM FROSTBITE FALLS challenged me and so, after some careful thinking, I can't believe I am doing this.

FIVE THINGS I JUST DON'T GET

1.  Justin Bieber...he's annoying
2.  Taylor Swift...ditto
3.  Grouchy people
4.  Compulsive shoppers
5.  Rap music

FIVE THINGS, OTHER THAN MONEY, I WISH I HAD MORE OF

1.  Desire to exercise
2.  Desire to sew
3.  Desire to write
4.  Family get-togethers
5.  Old friend get-togethers

LEAST FAVORITE WORDS OR PHRASES

1. The "F" word, especially from women
2.  "Whatever"
3.  "Ain't"
4.  Mixing up "your" and "you're"
5.  "Awesome" totally not used correctly

FIVE FAMOUS PEOPLE I'VE SPOKEN WITH IN PERSON

1.  Stan Musial
2.  Larry Sherry
3.  Leo Durocher
4.  Johnny Padres
5.  David Stockman - Budget Director under Reagan
It's a baseball thing!!  The Trout beats me on this though.  He talked to Leon Redbone in a restaurant, Jack Benny in the caddyshack at the Broadmore Hotel and the Everly brothers in a men's bathroom!!  :-)

FIVE THINGS I DO NEARLY EVERY DAY THAT I DON'T ENJOY

1.  Dusting
2.  Cleaning the bathroom
3.  Vacuuming
4.  Cleaning
5.  Cleaning
It's a cleaning thing!!!

FIVE THINGS I WISH I HAD THE CHANCE TO DO MORE OFTEN

1.  Travel
2.  Spend time at a spa
3.  Knitting classes
4.  I want to see the Nutcracker
5.  I want to go to the opera

FIVE MOVIE, TV OR LITERARY QUOTES

1.  "The lower the latitude, the better the attitude"  Jimmy Buffet
2.  " If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.  Let him step to the music that he hears, however measured or far away."  Thoreau
3.  "I want what she's having!"  from When Harry Met Sally
 4.  "Simplify, simplify."  Thoreau
5.  "We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and once in retrospection."  Anais Nin

FIVE THINGS THAT I HAVE DONE THAT ACTUALLY SOUND LIKE LIES

1.  Stayed in an Air Force General's home for the weekend.
2.  Threw up for nine months during a pregnancy.
3.  Took ballroom dancing lessons from an instructor named Mrs. Hardup
4.  Played Suzuki violin at a concert with my daughter
5.  In 50 years of driving, I have never gotten a ticket.

Enough said.  This little test has taxed my memory.  Let's just let it pass.  Yes, Lena, I was up for your challenge and I did it!!!

17 comments:

  1. Well, Susan, I don't do these things either anymore, but I sure enjoyed reading your lists! ;) Interesting was that I kept shaking my head, "yes... yes... yes... ".

    I mean, I don't even know who Justin Bieber is or Taylor Swift for that matter AND # 3, 4, and RAP is not music! As for 'least favorite words', does it bother you when a 65+ year old lady says "Kooool.. way Koool."

    As for cleaning, I do wish I had a maid. I don't know, where is my sense of humor? lol

    I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... nice list - interesting, but I really liked the one about throwing up for 9 months :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to know more about you,Susan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that was SO great. Loved your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading your list , but no, I do not do things like that either :-) Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara9:31 AM

    Awesome! (Just joking....)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved reading this list, and I'm glad you did it. It helps me to know you better. We share the same list of things we don't like to do. Which I'm about to do now. That is, as soon as I get away from this computer. Later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun post to read ;) I'm with you on the 'cleaning' thing! Why can't we just do it once and have it stay that way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan, you are funny. But we DO like reading about you....and you did a super job with those lists.

    These lists actually would be difficult to make...especially the famous people list. I would have to wrack my brain....I did meet the original astronauts, one of the Detroit Lions, but the best (and the first I thought of) was Jackie Kennedy. Our sons took an Outward Bound course years ago and we met in the Boston airport waiting for their return.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad you took the challenge. This was an interesting read and I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing this with your readers. :-)

    Cheers.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME! LOL! Just kidding! Though I do love that word myself.

    I with you on the first set and several of the others. However, I will, on occasion and with great provacation, USE the "f" word, much to my shame.

    Hope you and the Trout had a very nice Thanksgiving! I am thankful for my blog-friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't like doing those things either. I'm uncomfortable taking about myself.

    I have no idea who Justin Bieber is. Talk about being behind the times.....
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a brave woman you are!
    Getting to know you and I see we have very similar tastes.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous12:45 PM

    Susan, I would have a difficult time with all of those items except for the five famous people I hae met.

    I will group George W. and Laura Bush together. I met them several years before he was even governor of Texas.

    Phyllis Diller was my neighbor in Webster Groves and her son was my counselee so we had several conferences.

    I worked with Roger Staubach, Hall of Fame quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys--also Bob Breunig but he is not that famous.

    Harry and Skip Caray lived in Webster Groves and I met both of them several times and I am grouping them together.

    I used to eat at Clint Eastwood's restaurant in Carmel, California nearly every weekend. He often joined me for coffee.

    I had a difficult time deciding on the fifth one. There were several to choose from but I decided on Rito Marino. I had a cocktail with her in a bar in Beverly Hills. She was such a friendly and gracious person. I decided on her because of all the awards she has won.

    Although he is not famous world-wide I should include my high school coach and history teacher Jim Fanning who is in the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame. To me he is my hero. He played for the Chicago Cubs for a short time and managed the Montreal Expos. We have kept in contact with each other after all these years. He is a true gentleman.

    rw

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of interesting comments, but Richard, you win the cake!!! I wish I had been your neighbor also during those years. To have coffee with Clint....ahhhh, Phyllis Diller as a neighbor....what a hoot! Would be borrowing sugar all the time. And, of course, love anything baseball. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Susan, You are too funny. Didn't know that about you. I enjoyed your insights and observations.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i enjoyed reading your post. Loved the idea of keeping a list of the things I have in my freezer, I always forget what I have and the hand/foot printed plates.
    I hate cleaning too but mostly I hate hate ironing
    thanks for visiting my blog
    hope you're having a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete