Friday, October 22, 2010

We are home

My passion flower is still blooming   


I guess I have taken enough time from my blog.  It really is time to enjoy writing again.  First of all, I want to thank everyone for their wonderful thoughts after our sadness came on so suddenly when our beloved four-legged furry friend, Kippy, went to the Rainbow Bridge.  Two friends, first Bonnie and then Becky, told me about the Rainbow Bridge.  It was new to me and it certainly expressed all of my feelings.  Thank you to both of you.  And to the other 24 comments, expressing your sadness, I was touched.  I even made a new friend, Kary, Diane sent a beautiful poem, and I actually felt the many hugs.

Arriving back in Florida with a little tough.  Our neighbor's Yorkie came running immediately looking for Kippy.  He still doesn't understand that Kippy did not come home with us and keeps looking for her.  On my Facebook page, I received many other notes of encouragement.  I am happy to see that there are so many pet lovers out there that truly understand.

But now, it is time to plant our winter garden, get our home back in order and very soon we will be doing our volunteering at the Children's Miracle Network golf classic at Disney.  And cooking...really need to start cooking again.  Making a spelt salad tonight that I have made before.  Also picked up a new slow cooker along the way home, and anxious to try some recipes in that.  I'll be back.





11 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you are safely home. You must feel your loss even more now you are home. I hope you soon get another furry friend to help.
    I lost one of my dogs in the swimming pool in S. Africa just before we left, he had been in and out many times so I will never know what happened. The other elderly one was too old to travel and I cried all the way to the vet and back again!! Since then we have been travelling too much and we have no garden in the UK so I have not had a pet since. I miss them so much. Take care. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, good to hear from you. No, we have discussed another dog for the last year. We are much too busy right now with traveling and volunteering, so we will try without a pet. If it gets too bad, I plan to volunteer some time at the Humane Society. Possibly, when our traveling days are over, a pet would be a comfort. Thanks for caring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your settling in time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:44 AM

    Welcome back to blogging. I have missed your interesting comments. Fortunately, I can still connect to those blogs that I find absolutely fascinating through your blog. Of course, most of them are not the food blogs, exclusively. I love reading Corey from France and Willows, California, Britt-Arnhild, Farmer's Wife, the Milk Man's Wife, and Lena. I love the way that you convey your's and Dale's experiences through your blog. At this point all I have to do is enter the letter 's' and your blog comes up! rw

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jody Blue! No place like home.

    Sandy, thanks for your welcome. I'd love to know more about who you are. Don't be shy.

    Richard, You just hit "S" and I show up? How cool is that!! Hope I don't bore you too much. But, please, come by often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful welcome home from your passion flower! I'm sure Kippy's loss will take some time to recover from but getting back in to blogging again should help a little.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, I am so glad you and the Trout are home safe and sound. I feel your pain about missing Kippy. Just remember we're all thinking of you.
    Hugs,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Susan, I am so glad to see you are home again. Your blog is so lovely and interesting, regardless of what you are posting about. I now have an Amana cookbook and a memoir because you made me so interested in the Amana colonies. (I like social history of many sorts.) I know you will miss your Kippy a lot. I'm so very sorry she could not return with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan, so glad you arrived home safely. Woo hoo! You got a slow cooker! I can't believe how much I enjoy using mine after years of not having one since I retired. Which one did you purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my goodness. I am just now catching up on my blog reading. First, I LOVE that Rose Liquor bottle!! I have always had a fascination/attraction to interesting bottles, too.

    I am sorry still for your missing your Kippy, it does go on, doesn't it? I still occasionally find myself looking for Tess to appear.

    AND, I saw an advertisement about the Miracle Network Golf Tournament this weekend while we were at the Rosen Shingle Creek resort for a meeting! I'm going to hate if we were close enough to grab a cup of coffee and I missed out!

    Glad you have made it to your home!!

    ReplyDelete