Tuesday, November 17, 2009

This was a great meal!!



We are getting back into the swing of things in our own kitchen. The recipes on the blogs I follow have been phenomenal and I want to try them all. But, one day at a time. Tonight we grilled a Costco strip steak with Onion and Blue Cheese Sauce from the "Pioneer Woman Cooks" and Bacon Braised Green Beans from "A Nod is as Good as a Wink to a Blind Horse."

I found the fantastic Onion and Blue Cheese Sauce from the Pioneer Woman on a blog I follow every day, "A Feast for the Eyes".

This is another blog that I find wonderful. She can cook and is a true follower of the Pioneer Woman.

I have really enjoyed finding George Gaston at "A Nod". He is very creative with his recipes, photographs well and is very kind with his comments on my post. Please take a look and enjoy what this man has to offer.

Of course, such a meal needs a great wine and we had a French Bordeaux that went beautifully with such a great meal.

6 comments:

  1. Susan, many thanks for your kind words & comments about my blog. I have always found that food is a great way to communicate friendship to others; after all, food brings us together in so many different occasions.

    I am so glad that ya'll enjoyed the green beans. Your steak sounded pretty awesome, also. Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  2. George does have a great blog. I am an avid follower of his blog. I will be making his Shepard's Pie this weekend.
    These recipes that you highlighted look wonderful. Isn't it great to have foodie friends in the blog world?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A medical transcriptionist...we do have something in common more than the love of good food.This ddinner has me counting the hours until dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You also make it look so pretty. I love eating good looking food, make the experience so much more enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I am thrilled to read that you made this steak and sauce recipe and that you follow George's blog. What a compliment! If you make the German potato salad, I'd love to know how it turns out. It's hard to teach how to make something that I've never written down a recipe for!
    Thanks again, for visiting my blog and for the shout!
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are beautiful and the meal looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete