Tuesday, November 24, 2009

There is a nip in the kitchen


About nine years ago, a friend, Holly, shared this wonderful recipe for Brandied Cranberries. I believe she said she found it in Southern Living magazine. I have enjoyed it every year since.

BRANDIED CRANBERRIES

3 - 12 ounce bags, cranberries, fresh or thawed
3 cups sugar
1/2 cup brandy

Place a single layer of cranberries into two greased jelly roll pans. Pour sugar over. Cover tightly with tinfoil. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Spoon into large bowl. Stir in brandy. Cool. Serve chilled or room temperature. Store in refrigerator for 1 week.


That is all there is to the recipe and it is very good. Nothing like a little nip of the berries!!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful composition on your picture. This is really different. Thanks for a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, now this is a terrific cranberry sauce. I like to serve a variety of sauces & chutneys, because of their distinct personalities they add to the table's conversation ~ each have a story of where they came from and what is in them.

    So, welcome to my thanksgiving table and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your site from Mari's at Once Upon A Plate. I have enjoyed cruising your blog.

    This looks delicious. I have a weakness for cranberry sauces and usually make a variety. I have never tried the addition of brandy and am going to have to do it!

    Stop by and see me if you have some time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a great way to cook cranberries alcohol and cooking go hand in hand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh what a great way to cook cranberries alcohol and cooking go hand in hand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks and sounds wonderful, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh...I am salivating here!! :D

    ReplyDelete