Wednesday, October 14, 2009

We are home!!

We are finally home. After almost 13,000 miles of safe driving in a 3 month period, we arrived home with a sign of relief. The work has started. Lots of outside work this time of year in Florida. The Trout smells like a rosemary roast. Our one rosemary plant, planted 3 years ago, is huge again and needs a lot of trimming. I wish I could share the clippings with you. I love the aroma.

Computer tech spent 5 hours here yesterday. Seems our computer, which was totally turned off and unplugged for 3 months developed a lot of 'stuff'.' Working temporarily but will probably need to be totally scrubbed and then reinstalled.

Then after washing dishes by hand for 3 months, the dishwasher seems to be locked up. It happens a lot in the south if you don't use appliances for a while. Repairman coming tomorrow. One year our disposal locked up. I now pour 2 cups of vegetable oil down the disposal before we leave. That seems to keep it working.

I will be posting more often as we get settled. It just feels good to be back even though we had a terrific summer. Met so many wonderful people, including 3 blogger friends. There is nothing wrong with that at all. I hope it will happen more often.

7 comments:

  1. Happy to know that you are home safe and sound. I've enjoyed your Montana post so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet you glad to be home! I loved all of the pictures took took while on your trip..:-)

    Thank you for letting me enjoy them..:-)

    ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a while since my last visit (busy with a new house, new baby, and lots of visitors). Glad to hear that you're home safe and sound. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to read that you are home safely.

    I've heard of that happening with computers and it is baffling...I r a computer programmer and all and I don't get what goes on. Maybe there are electronic gremlins...

    Hey, you missed a record setting early October - snowed this morning for the second time :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home. I look forward to being in Florida next month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home! It's good to know you made the long trip without incident.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to learning about the sights and sounds of you two snow birds:)

    ReplyDelete