Saturday, October 31, 2009

A very good appetizer!


I read on Facebook where my niece, Kim, made Herb and Cheese Poppers twice in one week after reading the recipe in the November issue of Bon Appetit. With a party coming up and wanting to bring an appetizer to go with drinks, I thought I would give these a try. They are actually fun to make. Possibly, a little bland, I might add a little minced green onions next time. They are kind of like popcorn--you just want to keep 'popping' them into your mouth. You can find the recipe here. The herbs came out of my garden, so that was easy.

I baked a few to sample and the rest I froze, as the recipe states it is an easy thing to do. I will bake before the party next week. I thought it was something nice to keep in the freezer for those unexpected moments.

6 comments:

  1. Susan, what a great idea to use these as an appetizer; you mentioned that they were a little bland and your suggestion of some scallions would be good. I would suggest maybe a tablespoon of grainy-mustard, to give them a little kick. Cheddar & mustard go together quite well. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. George, I think you are right about the mustard. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound yummy! I also heard on Dr Oz the other day that hair color today is not harsh like the stuff of yesteryear. I highlight my hair and can't stnd the thought of gray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum they sure look good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be ready for any last minute get together with some of these in the freezer. They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look wonderful Susan. It's so nice to have them in the freezer just waiting to be baked off. They sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete