Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The French Village

Thanks for all the comments. I am still tweaking the header, but it only allows me to do so much.

I have been asked about the village picture (lower middle). It was taken last May in France. Carennac, in the Midi-Pyrenees/Lot region of SW France is one of the most beautiful villages of France. (I often wonder who is judging this and making these comments.) It is almost impossible to say one French village is more beautiful than another. They all have their own beauty. Carennac has had human habitation since Neolithic times and the town is mentioned in records from the 10th century.

For Americans, this time period is very hard to wrap our minds around. I think that is one of the reasons I love traveling to Europe so very much. I get such a thrill walking these old streets and touching these old stone walls. It is simply breathtaking.

The picture above it was taken in the Loire Valley of the Trout and me during our 40th anniversary year.

Update on our sandhill friends. Baby took off again between the houses this morning and Mom and Dad were frantically searching for him/her. The Trout said it reminds him of a belligerent 2-year-old in a supermarket.

8 comments:

  1. Did Mom and Dad find baby bird?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, baby was rounded up and scolded some more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love your new header Susan. Great photos displayed in such an interesting way.

    Did you put it together on blogspot or do you have an editing program that will allow that? I'm such a computer dummy and I've been thinking about trying to do something more creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I would love to know how you did the header also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, I have my pictures in Picasa and they let me make a collage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the thought of walking through that village. What a great anniversary trip that must have been.

    -Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, glad you stop by.That is Big Bird walking around your yard. Sounds like fun to watch and stay out of there way.
    Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you're quite talented to produce a header like this one. I sure can't.

    ReplyDelete