Monday, March 30, 2009

Oh My Mind..

.."you were always on my mind" oops, sorry Willie! There were several news items this past week that have been on my mind.


Did you hear about the new study that drinking scalding hot tea causes esophageal cancer? It seems the hotter the tea, the more chance you have of getting this cancer. How about coffee? It seems coffee does not fit into this plan. Strange, very strange to me. Actually, I don't know too many people who drink scalding hot liquids.


My friends and I have gotten into Skyping. Do you Skype? It is a webcam that is set up on your computer and then you can dial up your friends and see each other and laugh together. I think it makes it much more personal if you can see facial expressions when you are talking. Our daughter and grandchildren also Skype us occasionally and it is a very nice way to keep in touch since we see each other infrequently.


Anyway, Connie and I were Skyping on Saturday afternoon when....BOOM! At first I thought a golf ball had hit our house and then I quickly realized the space shuttle Discovery had just broken the sound barrier and was coming in for a landing at Cape Canaveral. How exciting, and my friend, Connie, in Iowa, was able to hear it also. We couldn't have planned it better.


Well, Bay Hill golf tournament is over and Tiger comes out the winner with one stroke at the last hole and walks away with $1,080,000. That amount of money is absolutely amazing. Zach Johnson from Iowa walked away with $480,000, coming in third. He is from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and all of Iowa was cheering him on. Great job, Zach! The Trout volunteered at the tournament for 4 days, gone from home 12 hours each day. He enjoyed it, especially wearing this sharp cap they gave him. He was wielding his power by telling the crowd to quiet down and making sure all important people felt important. What a job!


Well, it's time to go to Curves and get some exercise and then catch up around the house. It looks like it will be a beautiful week in Florida, mid 70's and NO SNOW! That was for all my Midwest friends. Sorry, I just had to do it.

8 comments:

  1. Have a good day, Susan. Sounds as though you'll not be bored today! I'll bet your friend was thrilled to hear the shuttle landing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We thought we saw Dad on tv yesterday while watching Tiger. What an exciting ending. Rachel ran around yelling, It's amazing, it's amazing. Then they kept showing it over and over, his final shot and she said, look he won again - well in her opinion he won at least 4 times. Very exciting for them to think Papa was there watching it. Love, E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a good time at Curves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Libby-always fun at Curves. Getting there is the biggest problem!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot tea....for heaven's sake. It's always something.

    I love Tiger. I worked at Nike headquarters a few days last summer and kept praying he would show up. No luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a good thing I love you to much to slap you about the snow and 70's!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It snowed here this morning and I thought I was going to be sick, for that brief moment I thought maybe I was pregnant... LOL BRIEF MOMENT! LOL What would skyping do to bloggin... *snicker*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta love Skype. I am just discovering how cool it is. I had nobody to talk to until recently so my webcam just sat unused. But now I am talking up a storm. Must have been very exciting to be there when Tiger won.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heidi, I am really sorry you got more snow. Spring will come--it always does--eventually. If we were Skyping on blogger, I would never get anything done around here. It is hard enough now to get off the internet.

    ReplyDelete