Sunday, March 8, 2009

It's been busy

Things have gotten surprisingly busy this week. My volunteering is cutting into my free time a lot and I am making lots of lists so that I don't forget to do something.


I did put together a great salad this morning from my friend, Laurie, from Wisconsin. A Kidney Bean Salad with two cans of red kidney beans, chopped celery, green onions, red or green pepper, a tablespoon sweet pickle relish and 2 hard-cooked eggs. To this add 1 tsp. of Worcestershire, vinegar, sugar and mustard. Moisten with 1/4 cup mayo and you have a very creamy salad that is also good for you. Thanks, Laurie.


We are happy to see that the single sand hill crane that has been walking around here alone does not have a dead mate. We just saw mom and dad and we think the single one has taken off on his own and has not found a mate yet. I was very worried that one of them had been killed.


Tomorrow a friend whom I have not seen since high school is stopping by for a visit. That will be a reunion and I just hope we can squeeze everything we need to say into a few hours.




2 comments:

  1. Susan, your salad is very tempting. You sound very busy, but I'll bet you are the kind of person who prefers that to boredom. I hope you have a lovely visit with your friend. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:15 AM

    Who is stopping by? Enjoy your visit. E

    ReplyDelete