Monday, March 9, 2009

I had such a great afternoon!

Amazingly, since my high school class reunion last August, it has been 7 months of renewing old friendships and I am so enjoying it. Today we had a visit from the Canadians. A childhood friend, Marianne and Bruce stopped by on their way to visit Bruce's mother in eastern Florida. I had not seen Marianne since high school, 45+ years. A year or two ago, we did contact each other by email. (Once again, that amazing computer.)

The short time we had together today, we spent talking about our families and growing up in Iowa and the Amana Colonies. Marianne told me we are related through three genealogical branches which is something I did not know. I knew of two branches. She has me more enthused about getting more genealogical research onto paper.



I apologize for the lack of clarity of the photo, but I just had to post this because this day meant so much to me. We hope to someday visit them in Canada as there is so much that still needs to be talked about and there is so much I need to learn from her regarding my family tree.

It was a very pleasant afternoon and Marianne and Bruce, thank you so much for stopping by to see us. We are both so fulfilled with the day we had.


1 comment:

  1. The smiles on all the faces say everything that needs to be said. I'm glad you had such a good day.

    ReplyDelete