Thursday, February 5, 2009

Old Friends


I have always enjoyed reunions--meeting again with old friends that many years have parted. Tonight was one of those reunions. Back in the 70's, we lived in Michigan and our neighbors were Connie and Dave and their two children. We moved away, thought of them infrequently, but remembered them well. Because of Facebook, our daughters reunited and they in turn reunited the parents. Little did we know that these friends wintered in Florida, very near to us. So tonight we had dinner together in a favorite restaurant of ours.


It was so strange, talking about people we knew 30 years ago. When you get our ages, you find out that many have died, divorced or just remained the same. I have always loved stepping back into the past for a little while. It was a great evening of memories and hopefully we can get together again before the snow birds leave.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you all had a good time! Are you planning to come back to this area anytime soon for a visit?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:18 AM

    Sounds like you had a good time. They are just like I remember them too, just older. It's funny to see faces from the past. I've really enjoyed this Facebook stuff and getting reacquainted this year. Memories come flooding back for sure. Love ya, E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heidi--have missed your regular blogging, but I know how busy it has been. Hope the Milk Man has recovered well. We'll be swinging through EC this summer to see daughter and family. Would love to come hug milk dud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't remember them at all. Sorry I don't know where my memory went of all those years.

    ReplyDelete