Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Grand Grandchildren


As I get older, I realize one of the joys is being a grandparent. The Trout and I are fortunate to have 4 wonderful grandchildren. Each has his or her own personality which makes things even more delightful. I remember back over 11 years ago when grandson #1 was born. I was working for a doctor at the time and he tried to convince me that I was too young to be a grandparent. I was 52 at the time. I just had no clue where he was coming from. Now I know. His children weren't even married at the time and he was just jealous.


Unfortunately, distance keeps us away from all four grands, but the phone keeps us in touch and now the older boys are using the computer to check in on grandma. We also get to visit a couple of times a year which are very special times. It is an unexplainable pride that only another grandmother can understand. To see life continue in such beautiful faces and smiles is such a reward.


"The best babysitters, of course, are the baby's grandparents. You feel completely comfortable entrusting your baby to them for long periods, which is why most grandparents flee to Florida."--Dave Barry


"A grandmother is a mother who has a second chance."--Author Unknown


"It's such a grand thing to be a mother of a mother--that's why the world calls her grandmother."--Author Unknown
Above, left to right is Josiah age 9 1/2, Noah age 11
Rachel age 4, Joshua age 7
I love you kids!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post; they are beautiful children. Susan, the best part of parenting for me has been seeing my children parent. Sounds silly but I'm struck by the realization that within the crazy circle of our lives the torch has been passed from my generation to theirs. Now I'm in it for the sheer enjoyment of it all and I'm having a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:43 AM

    What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete